A salt and pepper diamond is a natural diamond with heavy black and white inclusions that are noticeable to the naked eye. The name of these stones comes from their salt-and-pepper-like speckled look. Salt and pepper diamonds are unique due to their natural color markings and inclusions.
How To Identify A Salt And Pepper Diamond
Salt and pepper diamonds differ from others due to their look and cut. Each diamond is a true one of a kind. When shopping for salt and pepper diamonds, look out for their unique 4Cs.
Black (pepper) and white (salt) inclusions coexist in salt and pepper diamonds. Some salt and pepper diamonds are predominately white, while others are predominately black, but most lie between shades of gray color.
Salt and pepper diamonds are cut to highlight their distinctive inclusions and patterns. Salt and pepper diamonds can be cut in various shapes like oval, triangle, round, hexagon, or kite.
Unlike traditional diamonds, the prices of salt and pepper diamonds do not rise exponentially with the carat size.
The inclusions on a salt and pepper diamond are what make each stone unique and desirable. One of the characteristics that attracts people to them, is being able to see the different inclusions without magnification.
The Pros Of A Salt And Pepper Diamond
- Salt and pepper diamonds are versatile due to their uniqueness.
- Salt and pepper diamonds are affordable.
- No two salt and pepper diamonds are exactly alike because of the inclusions that give each of them a distinct appearance and personality.
- Many designers are attracted to salt and pepper diamonds because of their unique shapes. This opens the door for lots of creativity in the design of the setting.
The Cons Of A Salt And Pepper Diamond
- There really are not any Cons! As long as you love unique stones with lots of artistic personality, a salt and pepper diamond is perfect for you.
With people celebrating their individuality, salt and pepper diamonds are more popular than ever. If you are not sure if you would like one for an engagement ring, they are excellent options for necklaces and earrings! When shopping for a salt and pepper diamond, always buy from a reputable jeweler. Look for a distinctive stone that will be in style for a while.
Are you looking to purchase a salt and pepper diamond? Shop with us today by visiting our website to see our amazing collection of designer and custom-made salt and pepper diamonds! Get in touch with us today for more information on salt and pepper diamonds.